Efya Nokturnal, an award-winning Ghanaian singer and performer, has claimed to have witchcraft powers due to her affinity for the color black. The eclectic songbird, born Jane Fara Fauzzier Afia Boafowaa Yahaya Awindor, freely admitted to loving the color black when questioned by Joy Prime host Doreen Avis what her favorite color was. The 'Until The Dawn' singer explained why she thinks she is a witch by saying her love of the color black made her feel that way. "But why not black?" It appears to merge with every other color. "You can wear black shoes and a red dress and still look great." "I think black is something that fits most of the time," Efya, who was dressed in a yellow open cleavage dress, explained. I also like it because you already know I'm a sorceress." In Ghana, the color black is considered a bad omen or is associated with mourning the deceased. Despite the color's semiotics, Efya stated that she would not mind donning black as an alternative color for her wedding. "Yes, it's something I've always wanted to do, but I'm not sure about it anymore." "We'll see," she explained. Working at night, according to Efya, 35, sparked her interest in the color black and darkness, which has become her trademark aesthetic and inspired her twitter handle, @Efya_Nokturnal. "I have insomnia, I don't sleep well at night, and I've had it for a long time." So I thought I'd make it cool because I'm a Nocturnal being who comes alive at night. "I prefer to work late at night because it's quieter and has a different energy," she explained. Efya has promised new music shortly after returning from a lengthy hiatus from releasing albums and mixtapes. She has also won the VGMA Best Female Vocalist of the Year award five times. Nana Adwoa Awindor, a Ghanaian director, is Efya's father.
By Covenantblog

