I was kicked out of Accra Academy because I chased girls off campus—KiDi

I was kicked out of Accra Academy because I chased girls off campus—KiDi

Shapiro Acid
0

 Dennis Nana Dwamena was born as KiDi. Gerald and Beatrice Thompson on August 18, 1993 in Accra, Ghana. Phillip and Elliot are his two younger brothers. He attended St. Anthony's School in Accra for basic school before moving on to Accra Academy for senior high school. He then attended the University of Ghana Legon, where he earned a degree in Economics and Information Studies in 2016. KiDi's passion of music prompted him to perform on several "Moonlight Café" venues while studying Economics and Information Studies at the University of Ghana - a production that promotes underground musicians and offers them a platform to showcase their abilities. He has recorded covers of well-known tunes. KiDi took a risk by entering the MTN Hitmaker competition in 2015.  He eventually won the tournament and was signed by Lynx Entertainment. KiDi rose to notoriety in 2017 with the release of "Say You Love Me," a song he wrote, orchestrated, and produced. KiDi cemented himself as one of Ghana's fastest emerging musicians when he released another chart-topper, "Odo," in July 2017, followed by a remix featuring Nigerian artists Davido and Mayorkun in December 2017, and Adiepena in April 2018. KiDi has performed on various stages, including the 2017 Rapperholic Concert, Ghana Music Honors 2017 Edition, December to Remember 2017, S Concert 2017,  and the 61st Ghana Independence Celebration Show in March 2018 at London's Indigo 02 venue.  He has shared the stage with award-winning African musicians like as Sarkodie, Samini, Shatta Wale, MzVee, WizKid, Tiwa Savage, Efya, and Patoranking.



KiDi recalls being suspended while at Senior High School (SHS).

The Accra Academy alumnus said that he went to town with several other buddies to hunt for ladies while in school, which resulted in his suspension.

In a video obtained by Modernghana News from Pulse Ghana, he stated that despite the fact that there were 40 of them, only eight were reported to the school management.

"I went to Accra Academy, a boys' school." We used to attend fun fairs at the girls' schools and such. I chose one for which I was finally suspended. I was disappointed since so many of us had gone. "We were approximately 30 to 40 individuals, but somebody went to snitch on eight people," he recalled.

According to the "Touch It" hitmaker, he felt he was exempt from punishment since the names he saw did not include his name, only to discover that a buddy had added it to the list.

"God is so good." I wasn't one of the eight, but they had put eight names on the page using a blue pen.


"At the end, a coworker used a different pen to write my name." This was uncomfortable for me since they required us to bring our mothers to school to sign punishment letters and other paperwork," he explained. KiDi stated that the scenario deteriorated when the Head Master mistaken his young-appearing mother for his sibling and screamed at the already irritated mother.

"You know my mother is very young, and when she entered into the headmaster's office, he became even more enraged." I requested you to bring your mother rather than your siblings. "My mother was already upset, and this man was exacerbating the situation; it was horrific," he explained.

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !