On Saturday morning, King Charles III was formally proclaimed the reigning monarch of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. His Majesty's two-part accession council began at 10 a.m. local time at the State Apartments of St. James' Palace in London. The new King addressed the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, in a personal address to the privy council. "I know how terribly you and the entire nation feel, and I believe I can speak for the entire globe in the irreparable loss we have all suffered," King Charles III remarked.
"It gives me tremendous comfort to know that so many people are sympathizing with my sister and brothers, and that such overwhelming care and support should be provided to our entire family in our sorrow." To our entire family."
"My mother's rule was unparalleled in terms of duration, dedication, and devotion." Even while we mourn, we are grateful for this most faithful life. "I am acutely aware of this immense heritage, as well as the obligations and heavy responsibilities of sovereignty that have now been bestowed upon me."
"In taking on these responsibilities, I will strive to follow the inspiring example I have been set in upholding constitutional government and to seek the peace, harmony, and prosperity of the peoples of these islands, as well as the peoples of the Commonwealth realms and territories around the world." In this endeavor, I am confident that I will be supported by the affection and allegiance of the peoples whose sovereign I have been entrusted, and that I will be guided by the council of their elected legislatures."
"In all of this, I am immensely inspired by the unfailing support of my dear wife," King Charles III continued. I would like to take this opportunity to reaffirm my willingness and intention to carry on the tradition of surrendering hereditary revenues, including the crown estate, to the government for the benefit of all in exchange for the sovereign grant that supports my official duties as head of state and head of nation.
"In carrying out the difficult mission that has been assigned to me, to which I dedicate what remains of my life." I beseech God for wisdom and assistance."
The Privy Council declared the sovereign without him present throughout the first part of the meeting.
"Whereas it pleased almighty God to call to his mercy our late sovereign lady Queen Elizabeth the Second of blessed and glorious memory, by whose decease the crown of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has solely and rightfully come to Prince Charles, Philip Arthur George," said the clerk of the council.
"We therefore, the lords spiritual and temporal of this realm, and members of the House of Commons, together with other members of her late majesty's privy council and representatives of the realms and territories, aldermen, citizens of London, and others, with one voice and consent of tongue and heart, publish and proclaim that the Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, has now become our only lawful and happy liege Lord by our late sovereign of happy memory's death."
"Charles III, by the grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, King, head of the commonwealth, defender of the faith, to whom we do acknowledge all faith and obedience with humble affection, beseeching god by whom kings and queens do reign to bless his majesty with long and happy years to reign over us," the clerk continued.
"God Save the King," he said at the end.
Later Saturday morning, Charles, 73, will deliver the primary proclamation from St. James' Palace's balcony overlooking Friary Court.
Additional proclamations will be read at the Royal Exchange in London on Saturday at noon local time, as well as in Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales on Sunday. Flags will be flown at full mast for around 24 hours throughout the weekend to honor Charles' new status. After all proclamations have been read across the United Kingdom, flags will be flown at half-mast in remembrance of Queen Elizabeth II's death. After a historic 70 years on the British throne, the Queen died on Thursday at the age of 96 at her Balmoral Castle in Scotland.
"The death of my loving mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a time of tremendous sorrow for me and all members of my family," he said. "We grieve the loss of a beloved sovereign and a much-loved mother." I know her passing will be felt deeply throughout the country, the realms, and the Commonwealth, as well as by many people worldwide. In his first televised address as king, Charles also paid respect to the Queen, calling her a "inspiration and example" to many. Elizabeth II will be laid to rest at Windsor Castle's King George VI Memorial Chapel, alongside her late husband, Prince Philip. The burial is scheduled to follow the Queen's state funeral at Westminster Abbey.



