Update: The headline has been changed to "Eastwood Anaba shares questions he'd like to ask God someday" since the original headline, "I'll ask God why he killed my two children anywhere we meet' - Eastwood Anaba," did not accurately reflect the spirit and letter of the clergyman's statements.
Reverend Eastwood Anaba, the founder of Eastwood Anaba Ministries, has said that once he sees God, he will ask Him about some events in his life that caused him anguish. He specifically mentioned the occasion in which two of his biological and four spiritual children died in an accident, and he questioned rhetorically why God did not act to prevent the disaster. "The pain as a result of the death almost killed me," the pastor stated.
He stated this while talking to his audience about the importance of Christians forgiving their fellow people in the same way that they forgive God when calamities befall them.
"I don't know about you, but God has done things against me paa, and one day when I see him, I'll ask him why. I have complaints against God. God sat in heaven and did nothing to aid me, and I lost my two children, as well as four other children, all in one day, and the anguish nearly killed me. God declared himself to be the omnipotent, strong God, and I was serving God. So, if it were a human being that allowed that to happen to me, I would say I cannot forgive, but when it is God, I forgive out of hypocrisy "He stated.
Reverend Eastwood Anaba, the founder of Eastwood Anaba Ministries, lost two daughters and some relatives in a sad accident on the Tamale-Bolgatanga Highway in April 2009. The tragedy, which involved a green Toyota SRS Four Runner with the registration number GT 46240 U, occurred on the eve of Easter, killing six Fountain Gate Chapel members who were on their way to the church's Easter meeting. Two of the deceased were claimed to be Rev. Eastwood Anaba's biological wards, while the others were his spiritual offspring.
He called the occurrence as "pathetic" and a "huge blow".
"It's a huge blow, we can't deny it, but our faith cannot be shaken in these circumstances...
You cannot afford to be weak in times like these because it is not in your ability to give yourself grace. Some grace comes from someplace to maintain you, and we have discovered the source of the grace, and we are holding on to the grace...
"They are wonderful people; if there is any blessing God has ever bestowed upon me, it is my children, whom we adore... Their spirituality is undeniable."
Watch his sermon below:
