Following the killing of his son, Imoro Awudu, the father of the slain soldier Sherrif Awudu, has stated that he leaves everything in the hands of the Almighty God to judge. He stated that it has always been his wish for his children to bury him rather than him burying any of them.
"I had also stated that I should die first so that my children could bury me, but this has now occurred. "I leave everything in God's hands; God will provide for us," Imoro Awudu told TV3 during his late son's burial.Afia Kyeraa, the mother, also stated that she has lost everything as a result of her son's death. During the burial, she also told TV3 that "it is not easy for me, I can't help, he was all that I had, he was supposed to take care of his siblings but he is gone "I don't do any work apart from selling tomatoes so he was my hope. He promised to look after his siblings."
Imoro Sherrif's body was transferred from the 37 Military Hospital mortuary to Accra's Burma Camp cemetery for burial.On Thursday, March 9, he was laid to rest.A number of soldiers were at the cemetery to witness the burial of their 21-year-old late colleague.
Imoro Sherrif was gruesomely murdered on Saturday, March 4.He was discovered in a pool of blood nearthe Amania Hotel in Ashaiman, where he was stabbed to death.
On Tuesday, the Military High Command authorized an intelligence-led operation to find the perpetrators of the crime.Several civilians reported being subjected to atrocities during the operation.However, 184 people were apprehended and turned over to the Ghana Police Service.

