Timo Werner writes an emotional farewell as Chelsea finalize the transfer of RB Leipzig.

Timo Werner writes an emotional farewell as Chelsea finalize the transfer of RB Leipzig.

Shapiro Acid
0


 Timo Werner has sent a message of farewell to Chelsea before joining RB Leipzig this summer.

The two teams reportedly reached an agreement on a £23.5 million claimed cost, which will see the 26-year-old leave on a permanent basis and return to his former club.

The attacker was a major member of Chelsea's UEFA Champions League winning team, scoring against Real Madrid in the semi-final as they went on to defeat Manchester City in the final. However, he was unable to live up to his goal scoring reputation from his time in the Bundesliga.


In the championship game, the forward was crucial as well, creating space for Kai Havertz to score the game-winning goal.
The newest speculations indicate that Werner will leave Chelsea and sign a four-year contract with RB Leipzig, taking him back to the club where he enjoyed his greatest professional success.
In an emotional letter to the Blues faithful, the 26-year-old declared his resignation from Chelsea and thanked them for their support.
"Today marks the end of my journey with Chelsea FC," he posted on Twitter.

"I am so appreciative of the time I spent at this unique club.
"At this point, I would like to thank my colleagues, the coaches, the staff, and especially you, the Chelsea Football Club's loyal fans.
"Over the past two years, I've experienced so much love and support, and I'll never forget how you guys stuck with me through both happy and difficult times.
"We shared in lifting prizes like the Champions League, and I'll never forget the song you composed and screamed for me.

"I'm already anticipating possibly returning to play at Stamford Bridge one day!
Timo: "See you soon."

Following allegations of a falling out with Thomas Tuchel, Chelsea swiftly confirmed the striker's departure, allowing him to leave.
The French national team may look to the transfer market for a replacement given that Raheem Sterling has already left Manchester City this summer.
Benjamin Sesko and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were both connected, but the former chose to sign with Leipzig, where he would team up with Werner in attack.
Chelsea will undoubtedly try to bolster their squad ahead of their match against Tottenham Hotspur next week.


Credit for the Main Image: Alamy

Discussion topics include Timo Werner, RB Leipzig, football, transfers, and Chelsea.

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !